Thursday, March 24, 2016

Executive Decision

I'll give it until midsummer, when my cell contract will be half done. If my contract phone hasn't caught up to Android 6 by then, I'm replacing it with a new one from Google.

I'll wait out the contract, but I won't do it on a phone that won't update.

Update (heh): Okay, I might wait until October.

'Nother update: It now appears, according to at least one site, that AT&T has abandoned this phone they sold me. It hasn't updated in several months and despite the promise of an Android 6 upgrade there's currently no positive indication that will ever materialize.

This makes it not only obsolete but vulnerable to cyber attack. So until I hear otherwise, I'm back on my older phone, which already has Android 6 and updates with patches every month.

No comments: